Presenting one of our most popular doggy products in the Wet Nosed Friends range – our totally GORGEOUS shabby driftwood dog beds, complete with fitted cushions and printed bone plaque…. just PAWESOME!
Handcrafted in the UK, these rustic beds have been carefully styled to coordinate with our incredibly popular doggy toy boxes (see our other listings) to produce the ultimate pooch-friendly furniture for your four-legger.
You can choose between two finishes for your wooden bed –
• ‘Driftwood Brown’ – shades of golden-sandy brown, sanded down to reveal the natural woodgrain underneath
• ‘Beachcomber Grey’ – a whitewashed blend of grey tones, sanded to produce a truly shabby and distressed effect, exposing the natural woodgrain and multi-layering of colours. Please note, Beachcomber Grey is £10 more as it requires a second painting & sanding process to achieve the finished look.
BONE PLAQUE OPTIONS:
The bone-shaped plaque on the front is also printed by hand, and the little pawprints are made from pebbles collected from coastal walks and woodland footpaths. Plaques can be ordered with a choice of wording, choose between
• ‘Doggy Dozing’
• ‘Dog Tired’
• Or alternatively, why not order a customised plaque for just £10 extra? Just select ‘Custom wording’ from the drop-down menu, then leave a note with the EXACT wording required when you check out.
BEDDING OPTIONS ARE:
Included in the price of your bed is a complete set of snuggly cushions, all fully removable, washable, and custom-made to fit the dimensions of the wooden crate exactly. Your pampered pooch will receive a super-soft base cushion, plus one long bolster cushion, and two little scatter cushions for maximum snuggliness! These are made in our excloooosive Wet Nosed Friends 100% cotton print, and feature pebbles on a cream or beige background, that coordinate pawfectly with the driftwood, beachy theme.
• All base cushions have the cream background
• Bolster and scatter cushions come in a choice of either cream or beige background.
• If there’s a combination you’d specifically like, leave me a note when you check out. I will do my best to supply you with the colour scheme you’d like, but I may not be able to keep all colours in stock at all times. If you have no preference, I will send whatever I have the most of in stock.
This is our LARGE dog bed and is suitable for medium-large dogs such as Beagles, Border Collies or Springer Spaniels. It measures 75cm x 54cm x 25cm (29.5″ x 20.5″ x 10″)
Please note, these are the external measurements, bear in mind the actual sleeping area is slightly reduced if you add the bolster and scatter cushions too, although obviously these are quite squashy and most dogs just lay over the top of them!
***Our model, Barley, is a Lakeland Terrier and she stands at 36cm (14”) shoulder to floor. This bed is much larger than she needs, she could probably squeeze a friend in there too! ***
Please see our other listings to purchase other sizes:
SMALL: 50cm x 36cm x 19cm (Suitable for puppies or little dogs such as Toy Poodles, Chihuahuas, Jack Russells or Pugs)
MEDIUM – 60cm x 44cm x 19cm (23.5″ x 17″ x 8″) Suitable for small-medium dogs such as Miniature Schnauzers, Fox Terriers or Cocker Spaniels)
• The large base cushion is a zipped cover which can be removed and machine washed.
• The bolster and scatter cushions can be machine washed in their entirety.
• You can also purchase extra cushions so you can have a spare set for wash day (see our other listings)
• The wooden crate can be wiped down, its rustic nature is extremely forgiving regarding scratches, chews and any other features it may be subjected to by your enthusiastic pet!
•We recommend that you supervise all dogs, especially small dogs and puppies, as small pebbles are included in the design.
Every bed has been constructed by hand by professional crafters, using Pine and Spruce softwood from British or Scandinavian sustainable forests. The natural rustic finish is achieved by staining or painting with eco-friendly chalk paint, that is then sanded down to reveal the natural woodgrain beneath. Naturally occurring knots, minor holes, cracks and grain irregularities are a regular feature of our rustic finish. This combination of natural materials and hand craftsmanship means that every bed will have its own distinctive character and charm and each will be 100% unique!
The washable fabric cushions are also designed and made entirely in the UK. By purchasing one of these original and exclusive items, you are supporting small, independent British businesses (and their dogs!)
These dog beds are exclusively made in the UK, but despite their heavy weight and bulky size, we CAN ship them worldwide!
If the shipping cost seems high to your country, please bear in mind that you can add as many extra items to your order for NO EXTRA POSTAGE CHARGE as long as I can fit them in the parcel with your dog bed. (Purchase your additional items as normal and I will refund any overpaid postage costs after you’ve checked out)
Deliveries within the UK will arrive around 2 days after dispatch, and around 4-7 days to overseas destinations.
*** Any overseas purchases may incur an import tax when they enter your country. I cannot be responsible for any delays or charges your customs may assign to your purchase ***